Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alan Mac Kenna 147 posts 405 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jan 12, 2017 @ 14:14
    Alan Mac Kenna

Installing/Uninstalling Packages after upgrade to 7.5.7

I'm experiencing issues with installing or uninstalling packages after upgrade to 7.5.7.

Here's the error:

enter image description here

It tries to create files directly in the App_Data route which causes an error. I've tested this with more than one package and in IIS Express and full-blown IIS.

Anyone else experiencing same?

Jan 12, 2017 @ 14:40
    Alan Mac Kenna

I rolled back to 7.5.6. Same issue. Possibly a permissions error?

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Jan 12, 2017 @ 16:41
    David Peck

It sounds like a permissions error, or it could be that the file is locked when you're trying to write to it.

If you're using IIS Express then it should be running as your own user though.

There is nothing else complex here, like you're App_Data is a virtual directory, I assume?

There might be something in your Windows security error log.

Jan 12, 2017 @ 20:06
    Alan Mac Kenna

Hey David thanks for chiming in,

I tested locally another site with an older install (7.4.3) without issues. I've confirmed I have the issue with 7.5.4 and up. Can't see a difference in permissions between the 7.4.3 site that's working and the 7.5+ that's not! Nothing of note in the logs. Odd one!

Jan 12, 2017 @ 21:30
    Alan Mac Kenna

So I got to the bottom of this. It appears that in the process of updating through Nuget over the last couple of upgrades that some add/update/deletes from the /Umbraco & /Umbraco_Client folder didn't happen as they were perhaps intended to.

I noticed this by blasting those two folders and copying over a fresh copy from the latest 7.5.7 zip download.

I then restored what should have still been there from my installed plugins etc. via a git compare.

Managing packages in the back office works again!

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Jan 12, 2017 @ 21:51
    Nicholas Westby

I saw something similar when testing an install of Formulate on Umbraco 7.5.6. Never did figure out why it was happening, but it seemed to resolve if I just deleted all the remnants of Formulate and tried again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft