Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dharmesh 50 posts 210 karma points
    Nov 23, 2016 @ 06:50
    Dharmesh

Upgrading umbraco version 4.11.10 to 6.0.0

I want to upgrade my existing umbraco version project 4.11.10 to 7.5.4, and i decided to upgrade step by step in incremental manner. When upgrading version 4.11.10 to 6.0.0 using nuget package and replacing old dll files with newer one, i am able to run back end and front end side, but on back end, i am not able to view the list of "content" and list of "document types" from my existing project as well as looks like still it displays ui of back end of older version 4, but when i click on "about us", it displays version 6.0.0 as attached in screenshot, please help me to find out the solution, Thanks :)
    Check here for UI 6.0.0
    Check here - "Content" list not loading

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Nov 23, 2016 @ 09:45
    Steve Morgan

Hi,

That sounds messy - take a copy (both of the db and files) and copy over an Umbraco v6 from the zip (excluding the web.config and config files).

Then diff using winmerge or similar the config files and merge over any changes. Also go through the various upgrade notes and ensure you've removed any old DLLs that you're told to remove.

HTH

Steve

• Dharmesh 50 posts 210 karma points
    Nov 24, 2016 @ 12:58
    Dharmesh

Hi steve, I have upgraded successfully to version 6.0.0, Thanks for your help. UI of version 4 and 6 was due to cache problem, I have cleared cache and that UI Problem get solved,
    content and Document types not loaded as there was db changes in enhancement in v6.0.0, added some new tables and new fields in database by comparing it with downloaded v6.0.0 zip package. But I was having a custom section in existing project and now when i click on that custom section, tree items in that custom section not loading, Please help if you have any idea, Thanks :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft