Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonathan Roberts 409 posts 1063 karma points
    Oct 26, 2016 @ 11:15
    Jonathan Roberts

Hi,

Is there a Compare feature available in Umbraco where a user can compare a previously saved/updated page to an older version of the same page?

I also user Episerver CMS and this is a feature and I wondered if there was such a feature in Umbraco.

Thanks

Jon

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Oct 26, 2016 @ 12:50
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Jon,

You can use the Rollback feature in Umbraco (Right click on content node -> Do something else -> Rollback) This gives you a list of all versions of the page. when you select a version differences will be shown.

Best,

Richard

• Jonathan Roberts 409 posts 1063 karma points
    Oct 26, 2016 @ 12:58
    Jonathan Roberts

Thanks for your help, do you think it would be possible to get this information and make it into something a bit more user friendly?

We use Archetype blocks on all of our pages so this method is a little hard to compare.

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Oct 26, 2016 @ 13:00
    Richard Soeteman

Not out of the box. This is built in

• Gavin Hoare 11 posts 81 karma points
    Jul 10, 2017 @ 14:03
    Gavin Hoare

I'm using Approve IT 1.0.1 and it works to a point. It shows before and after versions though I'm looking into seeing if it can highlight changes not only the Introduction information (which it does) but also the live page content (which it doesn't).

It doesn't show all types of datatypes, specially custom ones though for the first step I want to see if we can compare the text content.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft