Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rasmus Eeg 91 posts 457 karma points c-trib
    Oct 11, 2016 @ 05:53
    Rasmus Eeg

User Password doesn't work after last login a week-ago

Hi everyone,

So after about 2 years of experience with umbraco, there is one issue that troubles us. Over these years we have developed multiple umbraco solutions for verious clients, about a total of 10.

Out of these 10 sites, we have had 3 cases where the god-user password stops working. That last issue was on umbraco 7.4.2.

We are multiple employees that are using the same login for umbraoco backoffice.

One time we fixed the issue by restarting the application pool for the IIS site.

Now we are at it again, that this time restarting the application didn't work.

We even tried to copy the password, on a new user trough the database table.

We tried alter the columns for the user, last login date last password change data etc.

Then i restarted the computer/server. Restarting the reserver seams to have fixed the issue for now. But i wonder if anyone else have had the same issue?

• Biagio Paruolo 1594 posts 1825 karma points c-trib
    Oct 11, 2016 @ 07:14
    Biagio Paruolo

Have you checked the date and time of server?

Oct 11, 2016 @ 10:29
    Rasmus Eeg

Hi Biagio,

Thanks, but can you explain what you mean by date and time of the server? And compared to what?

• Biagio Paruolo 1594 posts 1825 karma points c-trib
    Oct 11, 2016 @ 12:15
    Biagio Paruolo

Hi, I mean the date and time on the host server. The issue was that the date and time on host server was different from the client without check the timezone.

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Oct 11, 2016 @ 11:00
    Steve Morgan

Have you got an "old" tab open?

I've seen something where developing when starting and stopping sites... I wonder if this is it? If you try to login to Umbraco with a form that was loaded before the site is reset and has lost "connection" for whatever reason it will never work.

Hard refresh the login page and it works. The problem there is the user feedback just looks like the login hasn't worked.

HTH

Steve

Oct 11, 2016 @ 11:09
    Rasmus Eeg

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply.

Sadly that not the case, everything was fresh on visit, since i just cleared cache the day before.

I even tried opening DevTools to see if there was an unknown error. In DevTools settings i have checked "Don't Cache when dev tools is open".

And lastly i tried a SHIFT-F5 to hard refresh, in case something was cached.

The only error i saw was bad request, like the password and username didn't match.

Dec 01, 2018 @ 16:07
    Rasmus Eeg

This has been fixed in the later version of umbraco, where machine key is included. And each time we host a new umbraco solution we make sure it has it's own application pool.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft