Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Helmuth Bederna 1 post 21 karma points
    Sep 27, 2016 @ 10:40
    Helmuth Bederna

Multiple Worker Processes

Hello Everybody,

I've been looking through the forums and was trying to find a topic that describes the usage of multiple worker processes and umbraco. Apparently I didn't find any topics about this.

So the question is if it is possible to run a umbraco website using multiple iis worker processes?

Maybe someone could help me with this problem!?

As a site note the backend is quite heavily used by our customers as they do change the content quite often.

Thank you very much, Helmuth

• ssougnez 93 posts 319 karma points c-trib
    Apr 23, 2019 @ 08:19
    ssougnez

Hello,

I know it's an old post, but I guess the answer could interest some people.

I recently tried to configure IIS to use 2 worker processes and Umbraco didn't really like it. It does not mean that it's unsupported. Indeed, I didn't find any doc about this, so maybe some IIS tweaks needs to be applied.

The behavior with multiple worker processes was that the web app kept on recycling/restarting. Therefore, a lot of thing were failing (like indexing, links insertion in the back office, cache invalidation, etc...).

My theory is that Umbraco heavily uses files (the indexes, the umbraco.config file, etc...), so it does not like when multiple processes tries to read/write in them at the same time.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft