Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kacey 2 posts 72 karma points
    Aug 30, 2016 @ 09:26
    Kacey

Attempt by security transparent method Error

I created an umbraco website that runs very well on my development machine/local computer. But after I hosted it on hostgator by uploading the files, it crashed and gave the following error;

Website Error

I have been trying to resolve it with solutions I found online but to no AVAIL. Please I need help on this. The client is already wondering what is taking so long for his site to be up.

I'm desperate. Please help!!!

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 31, 2016 @ 12:51
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Kacey,

Did you check permissions of your site? Maybe some problem with folders permissions?

Thanks

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 31, 2016 @ 12:55
    Nik

Hi Kacey,

You will need to check that the hosting environment is set up for Full Trust. This is a requirement for Umbraco to run so could be causing the issue you are seeing.

For the full requirements for hosting see this page here: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Requirements/

Nik

• Kacey 2 posts 72 karma points
    Aug 31, 2016 @ 14:32
    Kacey

Hi Nik,

Thanks for your response. I contacted the host (hostgator) about the trust thing and they said their shared hosting doesn't support Full Trust. Is there w way I can set Umbraco to medium trust so it could work?

I tried <trustlevel="Medium"originUrl=".*"/> But that didn't seem to work either. Do you have any other pointers?

I heard I would have to get another domain host but I wish it wouldn't come to that.

Thanks.

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 31, 2016 @ 16:32
    Nik

Hi Kacey,

I'm afraid as far as I know it has to be a full trust hosting environment. If there was a way for this not to be the case I'm fairly sure the requirement wouldn't be full trust.

Your best bet is an alternative host that does support full trust. You could try jumping in the Umbraco Slack channel and seeing if anyone there has managed to construct a work around but I think it is doubtful.

Nik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft