Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shakib 32 posts 134 karma points
    Aug 27, 2016 @ 09:11
    Shakib

Jalali(Persian) DatePicker In Umbraco

Hi, I am new to umbraco. i want to change the umbraco datetime to persian date(in the both back-end and front-end) and i have no idea where to start. should i create a new property type? by the way i change the culture in the latest umbraco(7.5.2) to persian and nothing happend.

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Aug 27, 2016 @ 09:34
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Shakib. Is your back office user language set to Persian or the default English? I think that the date picker in the back office culture should be based on what language the current logged in user is set to.So by changing the user language to Persian, that should affect the datepickers.

Same goes for your front end. You set front end site language by right clicking on the root node and select "Culture and host name".

Hope this helped.

Aug 27, 2016 @ 10:04
    Shakib

Yes Dennis I Set The Language Like you said but nothing changed. enter image description here

Aug 27, 2016 @ 10:22
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi again.

You have set the front end culture on that pic.

Go to Umbraco/Users and change the language for the logged in user and she if the date pickers change.

Aug 27, 2016 @ 11:10
    Shakib

persian is not in list. how to add it ?? is it enough to add .xml file to Config/Lang ?? enter image description here

Aug 27, 2016 @ 11:37
    Dennis Adolfi

Unfortunately this means that Umbraco back office doesn't support Persian at the moment.

Maybe you could contribute to the core by adding translations for Persian?

Aug 27, 2016 @ 11:47
    Shakib

absolutely, i want the umbraco to have persian language but i dont know how to add it my self. if there is a way i can add it my self just tell me the way and i'll contribute.

Aug 27, 2016 @ 11:55
    Dennis Adolfi

Awesome, h5yr!

Check out this tutorial on how to extend Umbraco with a new language and thereby also specifying the culture for that language: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/extending/language-files/

When you are done, contribute this language to the Core and you will help others who also need Persian. (And you get a awesome 'Contrib' badge on your Our profile.) ;)

Here is a great tutorial on how to contribute to Umbraco Core: http://24days.in/umbraco/2014/your-first-pull-request/

Best of luck to you, have a great day!

Aug 27, 2016 @ 12:24
    Shakib

thank you so much for helping... ;)

Aug 27, 2016 @ 13:41
    Dennis Adolfi

No problem, have a good day.

Hope you get to contribute soon and that I'll see Persian as one of the Umbraco supported languages in the future. :)

Take care!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft