Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fahad Ayub 71 posts 238 karma points
    Aug 16, 2016 @ 14:01
    Fahad Ayub

Hi, I need bit of help in listing product on my page. I have created a Data type ListView. Then I added in to my template

@Umbraco.Field("productListView")

Now I am not sure how to populate this list view with my product data (image, price ,description etc). The product data is stored in an external database.

Any help.

Thanks

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Aug 16, 2016 @ 14:18
    David Brendel

Hi Fahad,

the list view can't be used for external data. It's only for infernal stuff like content, media and so on.

If you want to show your external data in the backoffice you have to develope a custom property editor which grabs everything for the database and displays it in a table.

The Ui-O-Matic package does some crud stuff and utilises the list view. You can have a look at that.

Regards David

Aug 16, 2016 @ 14:38
    Fahad Ayub

Hi David,

I thought I can use ListView and add some custome C# code to display products on my website shopping section. The main reason is I have a huge product database and I am building my own shopping cart so I thought it would be nice if I can use builtin ListView as it provides so many functionalities.

Thanks

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Aug 17, 2016 @ 06:09
    David Brendel

Hi Fahad,

as far as I know thats not possible currently.

I had written a post about recreating the listview in a custom section: http://24days.in/umbraco/2015/custom-listview/. Maybe that helps you get started implementing a custom property editor which shows a list view. In fact it's not that much work.

Besides also maybe have a look at UI-O-Matic on github. It's a package for CRUD operations and also uses the listview to show data.

Regards David

Aug 17, 2016 @ 08:38
    Fahad Ayub

Hi David,

I will have a look . Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft