Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Deron Johnson 83 posts 114 karma points
    Jul 12, 2016 @ 21:32
    Deron Johnson

I am in the first hop of my upgrade from 4.7.2 to a newer version 7. I went through the usual upgrade processes via the upgrade notes and it seemed to go through the upgrade iterations with the database and said all was successful. Removed the files recommended for this version. The site comes up but it's ugly as homemade soap. It's appears like it is missing stylesheets and formatting and in several sections is getting errors " errors parsing xslt blah, blah\file". I've compared the config changes I am aware of and made the necessary changes. Also, the umbraco admin looks fine and does show the new 4.8.1 version. I am not the designer nor use the site. We just do the admin and upgrades and upgraded per instructions for 4.8.1 upgrade and also our previous upgrade notes. Any ideas on where to start looking?

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 13, 2016 @ 07:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Deron

Something in the back of my mind tells me that you need to have a look in the /config/xsltExtensions.config file...Either one or more paths in there is/are wrong or perhaps you're either missing a needed dll or perhaps have an unneeded dll in the /bin folder...Sorry I can't be more specific but it's been quite a while since I have been dealing with these issues myself - Just know that I have seen it before and that it can be caused by different things, which requires different solutions....

If the installation you upgraded has uComponents installed then you probably neeed to make a workaround to have it work too. If you downloaded Umbraco 4.8 from Lee Kellehers archive I think there is a note about this associated if I remember correctly.

Hope this makes sense!

/Jan

Jul 13, 2016 @ 12:35
    Deron Johnson

Thanks Jan. I compared the xsltExtensions.config file from the upgrade and my backup and they appear to be pretty well default and identical. I didn't really see any paths in that file and it worked before upgrade without issue. Looks pretty basic and is shown below (apparently it does not show xml in the post so let me know if it is something you want to see and how to get it to you). I don't think I have any UCompnonets but how would I know for sure? Someone else managed this app for years so not for sure if it has that. Thanks...

Also, I didn't see any notes on Lee's site on this release other than what was said on the Umbraco site....to delete the appbrowsers.dll and the appglobal.asax.dl files, which was done.

Jul 14, 2016 @ 05:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Deron

When pasting code you can select it and then hit the "Code sample" button of the editor from the options above - It's the one with the curly braces {} - Then the code will be shown in the post :)

If you go to the /bin folder you should be able to see if there is one or more dll's having "ucomponents" in the name - You can also check in the package section by going to the "installed" packages.

If it's installed then make sure to follow the guidelines Lee provides in this post https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/ucomponents/questionssuggestions/33021-Upgrading-to-Umbraco-48-breaks-support-for-uComponents

Also you should be able to look in the log table (Don't think there was a log file in 4.8 - Back then it was all in the DB) and see what the exact errors are - It should contain some more details than just the xslt rendering error message...

Also on you can try to see more details about the error by adding this querystring to the page ?umbdebugshowtrace=1

Please post your findings in here :)

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jul 14, 2016 @ 07:44
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Deron,

This is very likely due to the removal of EXSLT.NET from v7 - Lee and I (*) made a simple package to get them back, if needed:

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/exslt-redux/

(*) Lee made the package, I tested it :-)

Hope that helps,

/Chriztian

Jul 14, 2016 @ 10:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Chriztian

But that is only necessary once you've come all the way to v7 right? If I'm not mistaken Deron has currently upgraded from 4.7.2 to 4.8? :)

/Jan

Jul 18, 2016 @ 18:18
    Deron Johnson

I couldn't get the upgrade to complete and update the database version, so we rolled back and will be attempting the upgrade from 4.7.2 to 7.4.3 as suggested by another post.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft