Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Abhishek Pokhrel 23 posts 163 karma points
    Jun 27, 2016 @ 07:36
    Abhishek Pokhrel

Hello all, I am just a beginner at Umbraco and i just have a query. First I created 2 document types, normal ones and created content for those too making one as a child of another document type.Later, i thought of implementing the concept of master which i am learning.So, i created a master document type , as the master of both document type created above and when i moved to deleting the content type created before making master doc type,it gives me error as

An error occured

ContentType with alias 'master' was added as a Composition to ContentType with alias 'textPage', but there was a conflict on the following PropertyTypes: 'metaDescription, metaKeywords, bodyText'. PropertyTypes must have a unique alias across all Compositions in order to compose a valid ContentType Composition.

I hope for help and guidance as i am just a newbie in Umbraco.

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Jun 27, 2016 @ 09:25
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Hi Abhishek,

did you removed the properties from the pages that you have moved to a composition document type? Eg Meta Description, Meta Keywords, BodyText?

Because now you are trying to bind properties from your composition document type to others that already have these properties.

But be aware, you will need to re-enter the values in your content because you will delete them.

/Michaël

Jun 28, 2016 @ 11:56
    Abhishek Pokhrel

Thanks Michael for the reply. I actually started whole over but now i will definitely try the way as u told. By the way can you help in this next problem.enter image description here

Jun 28, 2016 @ 12:45
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Hi Abhishek,

as the validation is saying, the alias Name is a reserved property from Umbraco.

So the best way would be to edit the alias of your property to something else.

/Michaël

• Jinesh Kaneriya 22 posts 155 karma points
    Jun 28, 2016 @ 12:29
    Jinesh Kaneriya

Hi Abhi,

'name' is reserved name or parent doc type property so click on setting icon and click on lock symbol it allow you to edit name change it to any other name like name1 or Name1 or Name.

Jun 29, 2016 @ 04:13
    Abhishek Pokhrel

Thank you both Michael and Jinesh, And One question .....what are other reserved ones in umbraco?

Jun 29, 2016 @ 06:37
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Hi Abhishek,

other preserved properties can be found in the docs:

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/reference/querying/ipublishedcontent/Properties

/Michaël

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft