Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shirish Namdev 1 post 71 karma points
    Jun 22, 2016 @ 11:58
    Shirish Namdev

dynamically creating users and restricting users to edit only their data

I am using Umbraco 7 for development of mobile App, I will be opening the url using webview in android;

This website is for a Social Club, in which Admin of club will create Profile of users like address,mobile number, date of birth etc ,including image.

In that, i require online registration of users and they will be able to edit there own profile.

My Client has requested facility for all registered users to be able to edit there profile.

so, i was crawling through web, and found how to create users dynamically, and add permission to Content section. BUT Still i do not know approach for, how the users will be able to edit there own profile only.

The Admin will be intially adding all members profile using Member->ChildItems,

I have also made a single page to view members profile, when someone click on members name. to fetch details of member,i have used selection query.

so 1. Creation of users + Permission to edit his own profile only is the challenge?

sorry if the explanation is not good. i will post the screens if you want.

• Mohammed BOUTEBEL 64 posts 103 karma points
    Jun 22, 2016 @ 13:06
    Mohammed BOUTEBEL

Hi. You can easily get the current logged member with the Membership class :

Membership.GetUser() 

It's a built in .NET method from the Membership Provider.

You can also get it in the HttpContext of the application :

HttpContext.Current.User.Identity

Then, in this object, you can have some usefull datas like its ID, etc.

Also, Umbraco team recommands to use the MemberService to work with members documented here :

https://our.umbraco.org/Documentation/Reference/Management/Services/MemberService

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft