Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott Field 1 post 71 karma points
    Jun 17, 2016 @ 06:22
    Scott Field

Umbraco crashes with exception when you browse to it

I am migrating Umbraco from one server to another. I have copied the files and exported/imported the database. But when I browse to the migrated site I get this message.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Line 9:

<script type="text/javascript">
    Line 10:     function startUmbraco() {
    Line 11:       window.open('umbraco.aspx', 'u&lt;%=Request.ServerVariables["SERVER_NAME"].Replace(".","").Replace("-","")%>', 'height=600,width:850,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,top=0,left=0,status=yes');
    Line 12:     }
    Line 13:   </script>

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] umbraco.presentation.urlRewriter.UrlRewriterFormWriter.WriteAttribute(String name, String value, Boolean fEncode) +421 System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderAttributes(HtmlTextWriter writer) +740 System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlControl.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriter writer) +41 System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +20 System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +53 umbraco.presentation.urlRewriter.FormRewriterControlAdapter.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +49 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +106 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100 System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +40 ASP.umbracodefaultaspx.Rendercontrol1(HtmlTextWriter _w, Control parameterContainer) in \n5200-2\iis7www\s\a\samex.co.nz\www\umbraco\Default.aspx:11 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +268 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +8 System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +29 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +57 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100 System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1386

I was hoping someone can point me where to troubleshoot.

Scott

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 19, 2016 @ 12:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Scott and welcome to the Umbraco developer forum :)

I'm wondering what steps you took in order to do the migration? Did you copy over the TEMP folder from the /App_Data folder as well for instance? Please try to ellaborate a bit more on the steps you took since it will make it easier to give you some more exact answers.

If so then it might be worth trying to wipe all of it's contents and then also go to the /config/ClientDependency.config folder and increase the version number and then recycle the app pool to see if this has any effect.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft