Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nelson 94 posts 246 karma points
    Jun 13, 2016 @ 09:57
    Nelson

Hi guys,

I just finished my website and Im ready to upload it. I'm using MSSQL and I'm wondering hot to export the data from my local database and upload it to the database server. Im using SQL Management Studio, and I noticed theres 2 options: Tasks ->Export Data, and Tasks->Generate Scripts. But only the second one is able to create a file. Is this the way to export the data to the server database?

Thank you!

• Anders Brohus 194 posts 475 karma points
    Jun 13, 2016 @ 11:08
    Anders Brohus

At CompanYoung we use the SQL tools in Visual Studio to move Umbraco databases, so we can have an development database and an live database :-)

Simply just run an "Schema Compare" first and then only take tables and then run a "Data compare" afterwards.

But be aware of with the "Schema Compare" just to take the tabels and no users and such .. :-)

It's the only way we have found to be working :-)

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jun 13, 2016 @ 14:51
    Tim

There are a couple of ways that you can do this, the easiest one for me is to do a backup and restore of the database. This assumes you have access to the live hosting environment to run a restore.

But basically, you take a backup of your dev database, and then restore it to your live DB, using SQL Management Studio.

• Nelson 94 posts 246 karma points
    Jun 16, 2016 @ 09:35
    Nelson

Thank you! I managed to solve the problem. Had an issue because the my local database server was a higher version of my actual database server, but managed to change it. Thank you very much!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft