Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Frederik van Vliet 7 posts 78 karma points
    Jun 10, 2016 @ 17:28
    Frederik van Vliet

active directory and umbraco members

ok big question here

I know it is possible to integrate active directory for the back office users such as editors writes and the like.

I want to know if it is possible and someone might have already done this to integrate the members with AD.

In other words can you use an active directory account as a member login and be redirected to the protected area ?

I found a project that creates a member login that redirects now i want the same based on AD .

• Amalie Wowern 144 posts 273 karma points c-trib
    Jun 24, 2016 @ 08:28
    Amalie Wowern

Did you find a solution?

• Bill Haggerty 43 posts 177 karma points
    Jun 24, 2016 @ 20:20
    Bill Haggerty

Frederik / Amalie, I was able to do this using this project :

https://github.com/Shazwazza/UmbracoIdentity

What worked for me is to fork the project, that is, put the source code of the project in with my Umbraco 4.7.3 solution. Then, I modified the project to do authentication against a Active Directory Lightweight Directory Service.

I do the authorization, still using the Umbraco Member stuff, but have the Active Directory stuff worked in, via the UbracoIdentity project.

Active Directory Lightweight Directory Service is very similar to regular domain based Active Directory. So, I think what I did could also be used with regular domain based Active Directory.

Hope that helps !! Bill

• Amalie Wowern 144 posts 273 karma points c-trib
    Jun 27, 2016 @ 06:09
    Amalie Wowern

Hi Bill

Thanks for the help i will look into it :-)

• Bill Haggerty 43 posts 177 karma points
    Jun 27, 2016 @ 21:06
    Bill Haggerty

Frederik / Amalie -- The reason why I forked the Umbraco Identity plugin was because I was having problems with invoking a custom user store the Umbraco way.

I just saw this post on using ASP.Net Identity with the back-end, and I think using the code they are doing, except creating a custom user store for Members(front end), should work.

Here is the link to the post:

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/72227-umbraco-73-membership-provider-issue

Bill

• Frederik van Vliet 7 posts 78 karma points
    Jun 29, 2016 @ 19:41
    Frederik van Vliet

Thank you bill appreciated :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft