Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• NDDT 68 posts 240 karma points c-trib
    May 23, 2016 @ 09:14
    NDDT

Change Culture and Hostname

Whenever I change the culture and hostname of my Website from english to german it ist changed back to english automatically.

Where could I look for that error? Did anybody encounter something similar?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 23, 2016 @ 09:16
    Jan Skovgaard

HI NDDT

That's really odd - What exact version of Umbraco 7 are you using? Perhaps it's due to a known bug for instance so it would help to know the version.

But I would probably try having a look at the console log in the browser to make sure I don't see any errors there and then I would also check the logfile in /App_Data/Logs folder to see if there is anything marked with "ERROR" or "WARNING".

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

May 23, 2016 @ 09:28
    NDDT

Hi Jan,

thanks for your reply. Im running Umbraco Version 7.3.4

I get two Javascript-Warnings (no Errors) when submitting the form to change the culture and hostname.

Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.

Setting 'XMLHttpRequest.withCredentials' for synchronous requests is deprecated.

I also checked the Log-Files. It contains a few errors but they seem to be unrelated. (Examine-Search and not beeing able to connect to Database and therefore restarting.)

May 23, 2016 @ 09:42
    NDDT

I also checked if there are any custom-controllers running which could explain this. Didn't find anything.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 23, 2016 @ 09:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hmm, I have been having some issues with changing the culture and hostnames on the specific version myself sometime around last year.

I can't remember if I found a workaround or if an upgrade to 7.3.8 fixed it. If possible then it might be worth giving upgrading your solution to 7.3.8 a shot and see if that resolves it?

/Jan

May 23, 2016 @ 10:03
    NDDT

Very nice. Worked for me.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft