Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom 161 posts 322 karma points
    Apr 05, 2016 @ 13:13
    Tom

tinymce toolbar scrolls off the page

We are on Umbraco 7.4.2 and our users are complaining that when they enter lots of text into the RTE (many lines) , that the editor toolbar scrolls off the page. I have looked at tinymce documentation and in there is this code,

tinymce.init({ selector: 'textarea', // change this value according to your HTML inline: true, fixedtoolbarcontainer: '#mytoolbar' });

The problem is I don't know how to edit the tinymceConfig.config to add this.

Does anyone know how?

Thanks

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Apr 05, 2016 @ 14:30
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Tom! A client of mine mentioned this also.

Its not a answer to your question but a alternative fix (and the way i solved it) was to set a height (lets say 400px) on the RTE wich then prevents the toolbar from scrolling of the page.

enter image description here

• Tom 161 posts 322 karma points
    Apr 05, 2016 @ 15:09
    Tom

Thanks do much for replying. But we are already doing that! NOTE: our RTE is not the only control on the page.

At first, what you have described above works fine, but then after entering additional lines of text, the outer container (page window) starts to scroll and as such, the RTE window (is this an iframe) scrolls off the page.

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Apr 05, 2016 @ 15:53
    Dennis Adolfi

I see, well lets hope someone else has a fix for this cuz it would be a nice feature.

Have a nice day!

• Phil Ward 2 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 15, 2017 @ 14:52
    Phil Ward

Pretty sure you have this sorted now but I did similar to Dennis. Just edit the tinymce css Umbraco\lib\tinymce\skins\umbraco\skin.min.css

.mce-edit-area { background:#FFF; filter:none; max-height: 400px; overflow: scroll; }

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft