Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mads 9 posts 29 karma points
    Apr 05, 2016 @ 08:19
    Mads

Issues with Umbraco 7.3.8 and UnoEuro-hosting

Hey everyone :)

I'm having issue with a 7.3.8-installation. I've set it up on my local IIS, it runs fine and there's no issues.

Then I upload the site to my host, UnoEuro, and I get the error message, that I can't access any paths. You can view the error-message here: http://jalabertproduction.com/

I have got it working once or twice by recycling my hosts app-pool and deleting some write.lock files, but it seems random.

Also, when I get it working, I can't upload any files through Umbraco. Here's an errorlog:

2016-04-05 09:54:22,563 [P23704/D5/T85] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.BackgroundTaskRunner -  [XmlCacheFilePersister] Task has failed
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'd:\web\localuser\jalabertproduct.com\public_html\App_Data\umbraco.config' is denied.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
    at umbraco.content.DeleteXmlFile()
    at umbraco.content.<SaveXmlToFileAsync>d__b.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.XmlCacheFilePersister.<RunAsync>d__d.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.BackgroundTaskRunner`1.<RunIBackgroundTaskAsync>d__14.MoveNext()
    2016-04-05 09:55:24,720 [P23704/D5/T209] ERROR Umbraco.Web.WebApi.Filters.FileUploadCleanupFilterAttribute - Could not delete temp file d:\web\localuser\jalabertproduct.com\public_html\App_Data\TEMP\FileUploads\BodyPart_e188d560-e7f1-4269-83fd-78c6b7f17186
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'd:\web\localuser\jalabertproduct.com\public_html\App_Data\TEMP\FileUploads\BodyPart_e188d560-e7f1-4269-83fd-78c6b7f17186' is denied.
    at Umbraco.Web.WebApi.Filters.FileUploadCleanupFilterAttribute.OnActionExecuted(HttpActionExecutedContext actionExecutedContext)
    2016-04-05 09:57:57,657 [P23704/D5/T123] ERROR Umbraco.Web.WebApi.Filters.FileUploadCleanupFilterAttribute - Could not delete temp file d:\web\localuser\jalabertproduct.com\public_html\App_Data\TEMP\FileUploads\BodyPart_5af267c6-d5b1-4837-8bdd-bb48bb7558f0
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'd:\web\localuser\jalabertproduct.com\public_html\App_Data\TEMP\FileUploads\BodyPart_5af267c6-d5b1-4837-8bdd-bb48bb7558f0' is denied.
    at Umbraco.Web.WebApi.Filters.FileUploadCleanupFilterAttribute.OnActionExecuted(HttpActionExecutedContext actionExecutedContext)

Unfortunately I'm but a humble frontend developer, and can't make sense of this. I've only recently shifted to 7.3.8, but this workflow usually doesn't cause problems if I use an older version (7.2.8 namely).

Any ideas as to what causes this, and how I can fix it?

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 05, 2016 @ 08:24
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Mads,

The issue is that your IIS user needs to have write permissions (ideally full control) on the App_Data folder and it currently does not.

There is a complete breakdown of required permissions here

How you set the permissions with UnoEuro I don't know....

Jeavon

• Mads 9 posts 29 karma points
    Apr 05, 2016 @ 08:39
    Mads

Thanks, I'll see what UnoEuro will help with - for some reason I can't set CHMOD-settings through FTP on UnoEuro, so that kind of sucks.

Thanks for the answer though.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft