Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Antonio Moore 4 posts 74 karma points
    Mar 24, 2016 @ 16:53
    Antonio Moore

How to add properties to the properties tag

Hey guys,

I'm trying to add a property to the properties tab of the "Text Page" document type, but I can only seem to add new tabs. How do I add properties to the already existing Property tab?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 24, 2016 @ 17:03
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Antonio and welcome to our :-)

You canĀ“t add properties to the generic tab this is by design in Umbraco 7.4. Try see. http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-7699

But you can add more than one property to a tab, try to see this video. https://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/implementor/fundamentals/document-types/tabs-and-properties/

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Mar 24, 2016 @ 17:09
    Antonio Moore

Okay thank you.

However, this is very confusing because the Fanoe starter package appears to do this, but after looking at the database it would appear it's actually 'hacked' into working...

Mar 24, 2016 @ 17:17
    Dennis Aaen

Which exact version of Umbraco are you using?

/Dennis

Mar 24, 2016 @ 17:24
    Antonio Moore

I'm using Umbraco version 7.4.2 assembly: 1.0.5921.28477

The screenshot below shows what I see in the Landing Page Document Type in the settings area. That "Generic properties" tab appears in the properties tab when editing a page. - looking in the database this actually has a "propertyTypeGroupId" of null in the "cmsPropertyType" table.

Landing Page Document Type

Mar 24, 2016 @ 17:32
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Antonio,

The reason why you see properties in the generic property tab when you are using the Fanoe Starter kit, is because the starter kit has been created for an earlier version of Umbraco CMS where it was possible to add properties to the generic tab.

So we have just make sure that you can use the Fanoe starter kit with the new versions of Umbraco too. Like Umbraco 7.4.2

Hope this answers your question,

/Dennis

Mar 24, 2016 @ 17:34
    Antonio Moore

Hi Dennis, that's fine. I wanted to make sure there wasn't something obvious that I was missing.

So for the version of Umbraco I'm using, the "Properties" tab is not editable, but I can add another tab if I wish. That makes sense.

Thank you very much Dennis.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft