Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jay 416 posts 642 karma points
    1 week ago
    Jay

Is there a way to disable Save and Publishing history event?

I've got a node that is on a scheduled publishing event using the Content Service's SaveAndPublish which triggers every hour.

Due to that the history of that node will grow over time.

Was wondering if there's a way to ask it ignore adding to the history for that node?

We used to have a boolean value in the old umbraco for raiseEvents which you can set to false to do that

Thanks

• Yakov Lebski 554 posts 2119 karma points
    1 week ago
    Yakov Lebski

depend on umbraco version, umbraco has history cleanup process, you can define it more frequent for specific document type Document Type->Permission->History cleanup

raiseEvents aslo avaliable - not sure that it will do that you need

using (var scope = StateService.ScopeProvider.CreateScope(autoComplete: true))
    {
        using (_ = scope.Notifications.Suppress())
        {
            ContentService.SaveAndPublish(item);
        }
    }

1 week ago
    Jay

I've tried this code in Umbraco 13, it still keeps adding to the history not sure why

1 week ago
    Yakov Lebski

Yes, it should. it also will create a new version of document. I think cleanup it easy way to solve it

7 days ago
    Jay

When you say cleanup, how do you do that?

Thanks

7 days ago
    3 days ago
    Jay

This works like a charm.

But the naming is so confusing trying to figure out what each one does

Like the KeepLatestVersionPerDayForDays

and the

KeepAllVersionsNewerThanDays

So a brief of what I've understand so far is

KeepLatestVersionPerDayForDays - This one keeps only 1 version for a particular content node (which is the latest version - aka last saved version) for x numbers of days. So if you set this to like 180 days. It will keep only the latest version of a content node on each day.

KeepAllVersionsNewerThanDays - This one sets how many days you want to keep the full version of your content nodes. Eg if you set it to 4 and your homepage have been saved and published like 10 times for today (that's the total number of version for that day - a total of 10 versions) and it will keep all of that full versions and the rest of the full versions of the other 4 days too.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft