Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• SpenceDahl 4 posts 24 karma points
    14 days ago
    SpenceDahl

Member Registration and Login WITHOUT Macros?

We’ve set up a new Umbraco 13 website and want to add Member Registration and Login to it. The documentation for setting this up includes the use of macros. However, since macros are now obsolete, is there an alternative way to set up Member Registration and Login without relying on macros?

https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/tutorials/members-registration-and-login

• Huw Reddick 1741 posts 6104 karma points MVP c-trib
    14 days ago
    Huw Reddick

I guess you didn't read it all.

It is also possible to achieve the same result by working entirely with plain Partial Views, three Macros, and even plain HTML/Razor code copied from the Snippets into your Templates.

• SpenceDahl 4 posts 24 karma points
    14 days ago
    SpenceDahl

I guess you didn't read it all.

My apologies; I was confused by the wording. The original heading states, ‘Create the necessary macros and partial files.’ In English, ‘necessary’ implies something that is required. To clarify, the documentation could have stated, ‘Create the optional macros and partial files.’

• Huw Reddick 1741 posts 6104 karma points MVP c-trib
    14 days ago
    Huw Reddick

You can just create standard partial views using the same the same code snippets.

Agree, it is a little confusing to be describing the process using something that will become obsolete.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft