Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Josefine 27 posts 139 karma points
    15 days ago
    Josefine

How to protect a folder or file in media

Hi

How to protect a folder or file in media in Umbraco 13?

In Umbraco on a folder or file, I want to select the member type or member group that should have access to visit these files. Only when you are logged in as that member type or member group do you have access to visit the file

Josefine

• Huw Reddick 1741 posts 6104 karma points MVP c-trib
    15 days ago
    Huw Reddick

You can add a group/member picker to the media type and/or folder, but you will then need to write some middleware that does the actual checking. There should be some example code here on the forum explaining how to do that.

15 days ago
    Josefine

Thanks for your reply!

I have added group/member picker to the media type and/or folder and created a MediaProtectController.cs. But when I visit the file url I don't hit the controller. Do you have any tips?

[Route("Media/{id}/{file}")]
        public IActionResult Index(string id,string file)
        {
        }

15 days ago
    Huw Reddick

Hi,

Unfortunately you can't do this with a controller, you need to write a middleware class and register it during startup.

This post https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/108979-intercept-all-media-requests#comment-338270

might help get you started

1 week ago
    Josefine

Yes, now it works! Thank you very much :-D

InvokeAsync receives all requests, like /umbraco, /css, etc. Is it possible to filter the requests before entering InvokeAsync?

1 week ago
    Huw Reddick

No unfortunately, that is why the first bit of code checks to ensure it is a media request and bails out if not.

1 week ago
    Josefine

Ok my media controller in Umbraco version 9 only hit the media request so it would be nice to optimize this request some. Thanks for all your help 🙂

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft