Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Naor C 5 posts 84 karma points
    16 days ago
    Naor C

Umbraco 10 - Media file version control

Hello everyone. I am pretty new to Umbraco, and I have a task to have a page that would hold a single media file and will control the versions of the file. For example, say I need to save "Terms Of Use" of a website, but the terms of use are changing with time. So the content manager want to upload a TOS media file and attach a version to it. In the next time he will upload a TOS media file - the old file will still be stored, and the new file would get a new version.

Then, I will create two functions: GetCurrentTOS, GetPastTOS and I will be able to retrieve all the past files. My question is - is there any plugin or any posibility to version control a file in Umbraco? If yes, how?

Thanks in advance :)

• Owain Jones 55 posts 384 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    15 days ago
    Owain Jones

Hi Naor,

Unfortunately this isn't available out of the box for media, but there is this package that looks like it will do what you need, but I haven't tried it myself: https://marketplace.umbraco.com/package/mediaretention

I have previously created a bespoke solution for client, that did something similar, by uploading old versions to a dedicated azure blob storage, and stored information as metadata, so you may be able to do something similar if that package doesn't fit you're needs.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft