Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeffrey Vanpachtenbeke 5 posts 75 karma points
    19 days ago
    Jeffrey Vanpachtenbeke

Retrieving data from Umbraco's database (Umbraco 10.8.2)

Hello all I am not an Umbraco developer, but responsible for our datalake, so my main task is to receive data from Umbraco. I have access to all tables in SQL but I do not find the content I am searching for. Unfortunately I cannot add screenshots here, but let's try to explain. In umbraco, I have on the left side the menu where I can scroll through objects within the data section. Some sublevels lower I have finally the object I need. Clicking on that object renders me on the right side a panel with information, options and tabs like e.g. Information, Uptdates, Documents, Messages, FAQ. Well I need to able tor report on the information data, but I do not find this anywere in a SQL table. Is it possible that this is stored in xml files ?

Without screenshots, this is tough to explain, so don't hesitate to reach out

thy Jeffrey

• Steffen Hornbæk Nielsen 42 posts 133 karma points
    1 week ago
    Steffen Hornbæk Nielsen

Hi Jeffry,

For pages data, you will have to look in the umbracoNode table. Here data is stored in Json format, and contains keys to other data in the database. Im not sure what kind of data you need to make a report on, so perhaps you can give a hint on what kind of data you need? If it is metadata, it is a bit more complex, as you will need to join multiple tables togther to get a good grasp of the data.

1 week ago
    Jeffrey Vanpachtenbeke

data needed

hello I need this data

Querying: SELECT TOP (1000) * FROM [dbo].[umbracoNode] where parentId = '62729'

results in: idparentid text 62734 62729 Tasks 62733 62729 Updates 62732 62729 Documents 62731 62729 Notes 62730 62729 Deadlines

I don't see the tab information and surely do not find the S0376 number

• Steffen Hornbæk Nielsen 42 posts 133 karma points
    1 week ago
    Steffen Hornbæk Nielsen

Sorry Jeffry my bad,

The data for each page is in the table cmsContentNu in the Data column. You should be able to parse it from there.

cmsContentNu does not have a column for parentId, so maybe you will have to join the two tables or first find the nodeId's for the childrens and then use it to find the correct nodes in cmsContentNu.

1 week ago
    Jeffrey Vanpachtenbeke

Hello Steffen thy for you quick and swift reply.

I already found that table as well, but when retrieving data, I receive data like this:

kscDYs0BkMYAAAC+9BaThadkdWVEYXRlkZOgoNb/ZhSFAK10YXNrQ29tcGxldGVkkK1jCwAAJwDQkKt0cmlnZ2VyZWRCeTQAsqRCSDAyr3JlYWxUGQAAJgAAGQDQ1v9kk48Ag6JlbpTZJSUA8h4gLSBNYWFrIHVwZGF0ZSB2b29ydGdhbmcgd2VyZiAoNCnZIWJoMDItbWFhay0lABUtJQAQLSUA/wEtNNf/tisVQGYL6cDComZyWQBEL25sWQBDD+AAC1BlcmYtNA==

so it seems that the data is stored in a hash which I find a bit strange...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft