Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Julius Goddard 38 posts 149 karma points
    21 days ago
    Julius Goddard

Is It Possible To Access Properties From Different Components Which Are Not Parents?

Hi All,

I am trying to make a website which lists website templates and details the components which they are composed of.

It consists of one page which shows what the template looks like overall which looks like this:

enter image description here

Users can click on each part of the template to look at the individual parts of the template and it will direct them to a detail page which looks like this:

Currently, the user has to add the content of the Header in two separate places: once in the Template Page and once in the Details page. I was wondering if it is possible for the User to just upload the content once in the Details page and then simply select it as a module in the main template outline page, ideally the CMS would look like this:

For this to be possible the Template Page (T01 Template) would need access to all the properties (Images, Text) on the details page (Header, Slider), see below:

The Header and Slider page are different Element types to T01 Template and are not Children of T01 Template.

I tried using the content picker which selected the Header page as a property of T01 Template, however, you could only access the URL of "Header" and not its content.

Is there any way that T01 Template can access the content from the other two pages?

Many Thanks

Julius

• Julius Goddard 38 posts 149 karma points
    19 days ago
    Julius Goddard

The correct way to do this after much investigating is to create a module using the content picker. The user can then select the pages in question using it.

They can then be accessed via .Value as I have outlined here: https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/113933-how-to-access-properties-using-the-content-picker

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft