Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• anve87 1 post 71 karma points
    29 days ago
    anve87

Umbraco 13 - Front end bundling/minification, Smidge

We're in the process of upgrading an old Umbraco site (v7) to latest and greatest. Trying to set up a POC project for Umbraco 13 and got stuck a bit on minification and bundling of css and js-files.

I followed the docs, created a CreateBundlesNotificationHandler and added this handler in Program.cs.

Rendering the bundle using the Smidge TagHelper and no debug mode. The bundle is created fine, but I can't figure out why no minification occurs. I'm using the BundlingOptions.OptimizedAndComposite option.

I also tried another route in using AddSmidge() and UseSmudge() in Program.cs, trying different options. The result is the same - bundling works, but minification doesn't happen. Even tried with the Smidge Nuglify pipeline, but same result.

What am I missing/doing wrong? What's the simplest "default way" of setting this up? This is not for the back office. Do I need to bother about doing Smidge configuration myself, or should it be sufficient with the CreateBundlesNotificationHandler...?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft