Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luke 8 posts 130 karma points
    29 days ago
    Luke

Custom App Plugin Backoffice Cache issue Umbraco 13

Hey, I am trying to create a custom plugin in the App_Plugins folder Using Umbraco 13. I have followed the the official umbraco documentation

to setup a custom plugin, and everything is working fine. However, the controller.js file seems to be cached and whatever I do, it is not updating. I tried renaming the file, adding a url parameter (?v=2), clearing cache, disabling chrome cache, refreshing IIS application pool, I even tried deleting the file, and it is still loading the cached version.

Any help is greatly apricated, as this is driving me mad.

Cheers

• Owain Jones 55 posts 384 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    29 days ago
    Owain Jones

Hi Luke,

Could you try setting bundleOptions to None in your package's package.manifest file?

By default, Umbraco will bundle all backoffice JS files together, including package js files, (iirc it uses Smidge for bundling) and this tells Umbraco to not do that and instead serve your package files "as is".

Here's the documentation on this: https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/extending/property-editors/package-manifest#bundling

Umbraco's caching in the backoffice is quite strong, I sometimes find I need to do a "Empty cache and hard refresh" to get it to load updated files.

I usually do this by opening your browser's DevTools (F12), and right clicking the refresh button. (should work on all chromium based browsers, I haven't tested on Firefox)

• Luke 8 posts 130 karma points
    28 days ago
    Luke

Amazing, thank so much Owain! The bundleOptions: None worked a treat.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft