Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Julius Goddard 38 posts 149 karma points
    Mar 20, 2024 @ 08:07
    Julius Goddard

Error When Upgrading from v8 - v10 - The migration plan does not support migrating from state {2a3f3...}

Hi All.

I am trying to migrate an Umbraco v8 site and get it working with Umbraco v10 - ultimately I am trying to get it to run on v13 but am trying to get it to v10 first as per advice on here.

I have taken the following steps:

1. Install fresh Umbraco 10 using following, changing the connection string to the correct credentials:

dotnet new -i Umbraco.Templates::10.8.5 --force

dotnet new sln --name "Docs"
    dotnet new umbraco --force -n "Docs.Web" --friendly-name "Administrator" --email "[email protected]" --password '1234567890' --connection-string "server=(local)\SQLEXPRESS;database=myDatabase;user id=myUser;password='myPassword';TrustServerCertificate=true;" --connection-string-provider-name "Microsoft.Data.SqlClient"
    dotnet sln add "Docs.Web"

dotnet add "Docs.Web" package Umbraco.Forms

dotnet run --project "Docs.Web"

1. Restore v8 database in SQL Management Studio 19 successfully.

2. Removing connection string so that Umbraco installer runs.

3. Click "Change Database" and put in correct database name and password. Click Install

I then get the following error:

The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: The migration plan does not support migrating from state "{2AB29964-02A1-474D-BD6B-72148D2A53A2}". Please check log file for additional information (can be found in 'LoggingSettings.Directory')

Does anyone know if this is an error that can be saved in appsettings.json or do I have to edit values in the actual database?

Thanks

• Bryna 73 posts 259 karma points
    Mar 20, 2024 @ 13:54
    Bryna

You might try migrating to 10.8.3 instead of 10.8.5 and see if that resolves your issue.

• Danine Noble 75 posts 330 karma points
    Mar 20, 2024 @ 14:43
    Danine Noble

When I was updating a site on Cloud from 9 -> 10 it was also spitting out a ton of these errors. In our case it was the ids for mainly Umbraco Deploy and Forms.

Umbraco Support gave the instructions to:

1. Check what item it is that's causing the issue using the id in the error.
    2. Find and remove its entry from the database.

They were things that were auto-generated when run so after removing them from the DB and proceeding with the update it would just remake them for the correct version.

If you look around the forums for other migration/upgrade errors, the common thread is removing entries from the database. I don't think there's anything in appsettings that can help you.

• Julius Goddard 38 posts 149 karma points
    Mar 20, 2024 @ 15:46
    Julius Goddard

Hi All,

Found the error - very trivial:

Even though I specified Umbraco.Templates:::10.8.5 on the dotnet install - it installed the latest version (13.something)

I just repeated the install, making sure it was 10.8.5 and it worked after.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft