Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kiril 2 posts 92 karma points
    Mar 18, 2024 @ 16:25
    Kiril

Umbraco Multi Site / Different Hostnames

Hello,

I am trying to make a one instance of umbraco where i have multiple sites. Firstly i created one site where i gave it a different hostname file. enter image description here I added the same binding in the hosts files in system32/drivers/etc/hosts 127.0.0.1 ins.localhost And also in the IIS the hostname is ins.localhost. Right now i am using SSL certificate but regardless if i use or i do not the output is the same. enter image description here

Here is what pops when i run the website. enter image description here

Btw the app runs okay on localhost:44355 when i start it from Visual Studio with IIS Express, while the ins.localhost:81 it is the same Error 403.14. Also i have tried recreating new project and multiple sites and it comes back to this. I am using Umbraco 13.2

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 19, 2024 @ 20:35
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Kiril

This error looks like the error with setup with IIS, it's nothing wrong with hostnames in Umbraco CMS

Alex

• Dhanesh Kumar MJ 158 posts 511 karma points c-trib
    Mar 20, 2024 @ 05:46
    Dhanesh Kumar MJ

Hey Kiril,

It seems like the issue you're facing isn't tied to Umbraco configuration but rather to the setup of IIS. Make sure that the IIS_IUSRS group has appropriate permissions to access the files & Check that the necessary .NET modules are installed and enabled in IIS. You can do this by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off, and ensuring that the appropriate .NET features are selected. This might be the root cause of the problem you're encountering.

Regards DK

• Kiril 2 posts 92 karma points
    Mar 20, 2024 @ 08:47
    Kiril

Hello,

I resolved the issue. Firstly it was because i was connecting to the database through Windows Authentication and i changed it to SQL server authentication and also in the IIS application pool under Process Model > Identity instead of Built-in account i needed to put my Custom account that i use to login to the windows. Thank you :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft