Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• seanrock 241 posts 462 karma points
    Mar 18, 2024 @ 10:33
    seanrock

Brief description of upgrade detection

Hi

Can someone give me a brief summary of how umbraco (v12) determines it needs to upgrade?

The reason I ask is because we've just recently upgraded a site from v11(something) to v12.3.7 running in azure. I initially had to remove all of the dll and other files (not folders) etc from the root of the site before it would run. Its been running fine. However this morning I've restarted the webapp for a plugin change and now it wants to upgrade, to the version its already on. And it errors if try to upgrade.

Detected current version (6158f3a3), which needs to be upgraded to 12.3.7 (2d4c9fbd). To compare versions and read a report of changes between versions, use the View Report button below.

When i click the upgrade button

The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: The migration plan does not support migrating from state "{6158F3A3-4902-4201-835E-1ED7F810B2D8}". Please check log file for additional information (can be found in 'LoggingSettings.Directory'

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• Damian 61 posts 342 karma points
    Mar 18, 2024 @ 16:21
    Damian

Not sure if you've found this related thread - but I suspect it may well have everything you're looking for

• seanrock 241 posts 462 karma points
    Mar 19, 2024 @ 11:27
    seanrock

That worked thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft