Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gavin Williams 48 posts 221 karma points
    Mar 14, 2024 @ 12:01
    Gavin Williams

Umbraco 13 tinymce change of storage format?

I have a site that has been migrated from Umbraco 8 to 13. I've just noticed that since v13, any doctype properties that use the tinymce editor are now storing the value as a json object like so:

{"markup":"<p>Here is my content</p>","blocks":{"contentData":[],"settingsData":[]}}

So everywhere I'm rendering the property, it now displays the full json string, rather than just what's inside the markup property. Is this a new thing in Umbraco 13/tinymce v6, and can I switch it off somehow via the richtexteditor settings (I did browse through the docs but nothing obvious jumped out) - or do I now have to handle tinymce content as a json array?

Thanks

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 14, 2024 @ 13:28
    Nik

Hi Gavin,

The format of TinyMCE changed in v13 to handle the new Blocks in RTE instead of Macros. As part of that change the storage structure was updated as you've seen. However, if you are using Models Builder / Property Value Converters then the conversion from the stored approach to the front end markup should already be handled for you.

Can you give an example of how you are outputting your content to better understand where the issue might be coming from?

Thanks

Nik

• Gavin Williams 48 posts 221 karma points
    Mar 14, 2024 @ 13:44
    Gavin Williams

Hi Nik

Thanks for responding. Yes that makes perfect sense. Now I've dug a bit deeper I've realised the issue is due to the way we've implemented some of our macro code in earlier versions. Its clear some of them are no longer fit for purpose, or have been mis-used. So its some of our legacy code at fault, not an umbraco issue. Thanks for the nudge.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft