Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ras 61 posts 324 karma points
    Mar 13, 2024 @ 16:11
    Ras

iframe not finding local file?

Hi, I have a simple (or so i thought) issue but I can't figure out why it's happening, do i need to configure something further?

I have a folder inside my Umbraco solution "Services", and in this i have a .html file with some stuff. I then put this into a richtext editor in the backoffice:

<p><iframe style="width: 100%; overflow: visible; min-height: 500px; border: none;" src="/Services/file.html"></iframe></p>

But I get a 404 on this file. Weird thing is we have an older version of this site, a version 8, exact same thing, but it finds the file no problem and renders the .html. Now on umbraco 13 it simply throws a 404.

Any ideas?

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Mar 13, 2024 @ 20:13
    Marc Goodson

Hi Ras

Does your services folder and html file need to be inside the wwwroot folder within your Umbraco 13 solution in order to reference it relatively?

The wwwroot folder is one of the structural changes between dot net framework solutions eg Umbraco 8 and the brave new world of dot net core!

Regards

Marc

Regards

Marc

• Ras 61 posts 324 karma points
    Mar 14, 2024 @ 08:02
    Ras

Hi Marc, shortly after making this post I actually tried putting it in the wwwroot folder, however no difference, still get the error.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft