Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Donna Beger 8 posts 107 karma points
    Mar 08, 2024 @ 21:05
    Donna Beger

Removing or Turning Off uSync, uSync Complete, uSync Forms

We recently migrated to Umbraco Cloud. Syncing environments no longer works and Umbraco Support has recommended that I turn off or remove uSync.

I tried removing all three Nuget packages, but methods in the packages are being used throughout the code. I don't get build errors, they only show up at runtime.

I've googled how to turn it off, but I see several different answers.

uSync v 13.0.1

uSync.Complete v 13.0.1

uSync.Forms v 13.0.0

• Kevin Jump 2312 posts 14698 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Mar 09, 2024 @ 14:35
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

To completely remove uSync you will need to remove the nuget packages from the source, but also make sure that the site when published has removed the files that might have been placed in the root folder or the wwwroot folder.

Outside of cloud this would the result of the dotnet publish command would be a folder that didn't contain any uSync elements (once the packages are removed) and that that would be what you upload to the site, but making sure any files that are not in the published folder are removed from the target.

Unfortunately, i don't know if/how this is done inside Umbraco cloud so you might want to check with them that the publish process is removing any missing files.

• Donna Beger 8 posts 107 karma points
    Mar 18, 2024 @ 14:21
    Donna Beger

Thank you for your reply. We got it working using uSync in our lower environment (on-premise qa) and using Deploy in the Cloud.

I'm not 100% confident with the setup, so I still may need to remove uSync.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft