Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Danine Noble 75 posts 330 karma points
    Mar 08, 2024 @ 20:48
    Danine Noble

Umbraco Forms: Submit reloads page so message never shows

Heyo ^^

I'm hitting a wall on where to look and could use another brain to throw suggestions on where I've gone wrong or what sort of place I could look for a conflict.

I've got forms that should be showing a message on submit but instead all forms are reloading the page when they're submitted. There is no go-to page set, I can't see any issues in the console, network tab, or in Logs.

Am I missing some setup?

I have the 'RenderUmbracoFormDependencies(Url)' at the bottom of the head and am using the 'umb-forms-render-scripts' tag at the bottom of the body. As far as I can tell that's all that's required for setup?

Have tried:

• removing the PWA service worker (in case it was that caching that was causing problems?) -- no change
    • removing the CSP rules in case there was a conflict. Don't know how to get page to not refresh after submit for debugging so couldn't tell if there was a conflict. T.T -- no change though so prolly not.
    • Cleared all storage/cookies and caches -- no change
  • Danine Noble 75 posts 330 karma points
    26 days ago
    Danine Noble

Still interested in any ideas on what I'm missing about setup to have forms stop reloading the page on submit when it should just be showing a thank you message. <3

There is no other validation stuff or jquery or anything setup. Literally just installed & put those two snippets I mentioned into the layout. Using the supplied 'insert form' data type and copy-paste of the RenderForm snippet from documentation.

@await Component.InvokeAsync("RenderForm", new { formId = content.DisplayForm, includeScripts = false })

*adding note, have tested with & without includeScripts and it changes nothing.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft