Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jukka-Pekka Keisala 90 posts 226 karma points
    Mar 05, 2024 @ 15:01
    Jukka-Pekka Keisala

Backoffice UI: How do I find a child of a List View -node

I am using List View https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/fundamentals/backoffice/property-editors/built-in-umbraco-property-editors/listview

Say I have structure:

• The Team
      • John
        • John's car
      • Eric

If The Team is using List View listing team members. How do I as an Editor in backoffice navigate to "John's car" node?

• Frans de Jong 548 posts 1840 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Mar 12, 2024 @ 21:11
    Frans de Jong

Hi Jukka-Pekka,

Normally there should be a content app with the children on the page that is setup to be a listview.

Maybe a screenshot of what you are seeing can help us find the answer to your question

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 13, 2024 @ 05:36
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Jukka-Pekka,

I think your only choice in this scenario (finding a grandchild of a listview node) is to use the global Search. I don't think the listview's search will be able to find it.

I don't really think the listview was built with this scenario in mind, and I'm pretty sure the Content Tree won't be able to show you the node, although you might be able to edit the node as usual.

/Chriztian

Mar 13, 2024 @ 07:25
    Jukka-Pekka Keisala

I could not find easy way to reach children of the listview. Maybe custom Data Type that allows browse and click to descendants of a List View could be nice a Package idea. But for now, I just had to roll back to normal Tree View.

Anyway, thanks for replies.

Mar 13, 2024 @ 08:03
    Frans de Jong

Hi Jukka-Pekka,

There is no need for a custom package. The functionality you are looking for is available out of the box.

enter image description here

Child items should always be available when navigating to children. If you click on that you will see the children of the current page.

Mar 13, 2024 @ 08:42
    Jukka-Pekka Keisala

Ah of course! I can make a child Document Type also List Item so it will have "Child Items" ribbon. Thanks a lot. I never thought of this. Too bad I can only give you one h5!

Mar 13, 2024 @ 08:43
    Frans de Jong

No problem, not in it for the high fives 🙌🏻

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft