Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Donna Beger 8 posts 107 karma points
    Mar 01, 2024 @ 20:57
    Donna Beger

Deploy Update Schema Error - A container with the same name already exists.

I updated my local from our bitbucket repository and tried to Deploy/Update the Schema but I got an error. (uSync Import worked without error, but it is my understanding that I have to run Deploy/Update Schema before moving to higher environments.

I followed the advice here and removed the duplicate uda file and things seems work. I got several uda files that upgraded from 13.0.3 to 13.0.4.

Now I'm pushing up to our on-premise dev environment but getting the same error on a different container - a different uda file than before.

The next environment is Dev on the Cloud.

Any advice or documentation is appreciated.

Error is displayed in Deploy Status. Version 13.0.4 { "Date": "2024-03-01T15:19:54.5750048-05:00", "Message": "Failed to save container with the name 'xxxx' for entity type data-type-container' with UDI 'umb://data-type-container/1c39317983764b9789a427d99f061112'.", "Ex": { "EnvironmentName": "source", "HasMeaningForUi": false, "Message": "Failed to save container with the name 'xxxx' for entity type data-type-container' with UDI 'umb://data-type-container/1c39317983764b9789a427d99f061112'.", "Data": {}, "InnerException": { "ClassName": "System.InvalidOperationException", "Message": "A container with the same name already exists.", "Data": null, "InnerException": null, "HelpURL": null, "StackTraceString": " at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Persistence.Repositories.Implement.EntityContainerRepository.PersistNewItem(EntityContainer entity)\r\n at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Cache.NoCacheRepositoryCachePolicy2.Create(TEntity entity, Action1 persistNew)\r\n at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Persistence.Repositories.Implement.EntityRepositoryBase2.Save(TEntity entity)\r\n at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Services.Implement.DataTypeService.SaveContainer(EntityContainer container, Int32 userId)\r\n at Umbraco.Deploy.Core.Connectors.ServiceConnectors.Services.ContainerConnectorHelper.SaveContainer(String entityType, EntityContainer container)", "RemoteStackTraceString": null, "RemoteStackIndex": 0, "ExceptionMethod": null, "HResult": -2146233079, "Source": "Umbraco.Infrastructure", "WatsonBuckets": null }, "HelpLink": null, "Source": "Umbraco.Deploy.Core", "HResult": -2146233088, "StackTrace": " at Umbraco.Deploy.Core.Connectors.ServiceConnectors.Services.ContainerConnectorHelper.SaveContainer(String entityType, EntityContainer container)\r\n at Umbraco.Deploy.Infrastructure.Connectors.ServiceConnectors.ContainerConnector.Process(ArtifactDeployState2 state, IDeployContext context, Int32 pass)\r\n at Umbraco.Deploy.Infrastructure.Connectors.ServiceConnectors.ServiceConnectorBase3.Process(ArtifactDeployState dart, IDeployContext context, Int32 pass)\r\n at Umbraco.Deploy.Infrastructure.Environments.CurrentEnvironment.ProcessArtifacts(IEnumerable1 arts, String ownerEmail, IDeployContext context, CancellationToken token)" }, "Sender": "Umbraco.Deploy.Infrastructure.Work.WorkItems.DiskReadWorkItem" }

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft