Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rodolphe Toots 34 posts 145 karma points
    Feb 28, 2024 @ 09:04
    Rodolphe Toots

How to deploy umbraco 13 to on prem hosting?

Hi! I am starting to get really desperate here.

I have built a small website based on Paul seals Clean Starter template. It works fine on my local dev environment, but now when I want to deploy it to my hosting provider everything goes wrong.

First of all, I have already an existing database and my connectionstring is set up to point to that DB. But Umbraco still gives me the installation page on first run. Furthermore, if I go through with the installation page, I cannot browse the site, only the backoffice works. On the site I get runtime errors complaining about my classes doesn't exist.

I would really appreciate some pointers here since I am stuck and this site needs to be published as soon as possible.

I am using visual studio and I have tried different publish settings. The files are uploaded to the hosting provider via FTP.

• Rodolphe Toots 34 posts 145 karma points
    Feb 28, 2024 @ 19:05
    Rodolphe Toots

My issue is now solved. Seems like the DB-user I used in my connectionstsring was not DBO which caused the issue...

• Huw Reddick 1737 posts 6098 karma points MVP c-trib
    Mar 01, 2024 @ 09:50
    Huw Reddick

Hi Rodolphe,

Yes, this is a common issue that people encounter, but is covered in the docs.

https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/fundamentals/setup/requirements

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft