Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ras 61 posts 324 karma points
    Jan 25, 2024 @ 14:06
    Ras

Umbraco 13 timeout setting being ignored?

We're on v13+ and are experiencing constant time outs. Like 20 seconds will pass and we get a session timeout. I've set the timeout as such:

"Umbraco": {
        "CMS": {
          "Global": {
            "TimeOut": "23:59:00"
          },

But it's being completely ignored. Is this a bug or incorrectly configured? Even if a timeout isn't set the default should be 20 minutes, correct?

• Danny Paul van Iersel 14 posts 122 karma points
    Jan 25, 2024 @ 16:07
    Danny Paul van Iersel

I saw there was a similar issue long ago with a version 9: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/pull/12029

Here they note: There's a gotcha when it comes to the timespan string in the appsettings.json, if you want to specify 24 hours or above you must do so in the format: d.HH:MM:SS, for instance if you want 24 hours the string is "1.00:00:00"

Jan 26, 2024 @ 11:02
    Ras

Hi Danny,

I did see that, however we've also tried putting it at 23h or lower, and it's still being ignored.

• Danny Paul van Iersel 14 posts 122 karma points
    Jan 26, 2024 @ 12:19
    Danny Paul van Iersel

Hello Ras,

Does this happen in any browser? Do you have plugins on your browser that prevent cookies or block anything?

Do you use any custom configuration?

The default should be 20 minutes indeed: https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/tutorials/editors-manual/tips-and-tricks/session-timeout

Jan 29, 2024 @ 12:53
    Ras

Hi Danny,

Several people are having the same issues, and we all use Chrome. Will give Firefox a run and see if I notice any difference. I have been running without any sort of cookie/adblocker and I don't have any similar plugins, so shouldn't be an issue.

• Lukaz 44 posts 202 karma points
    Feb 01, 2024 @ 09:08
    Lukaz

Same problem with Microsoft Edge

• McGern 13 posts 44 karma points
    Mar 13, 2024 @ 11:07
    McGern

Was talking to someone on the discord channel with same issue. They had put in 23:59:00 but it was still timing out.

I'm on version 13.2 and tried the 1.00:00:00 format yesterday and it worked a treat - only using for development stuff, because it's annoying getting timed out switching between coding and doc type updates.

Just tried a test changing to 23:59:00 and it's been over an hour (on Chrome) without activity and still no timeout. Maybe fixed in newer release?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft