Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael 4 posts 73 karma points
    Jan 09, 2024 @ 09:12
    Michael

Making an API call to check if any published content has changed?

Hi,

This is a repost as last I posted this I wasn't verified and I think my post was long lost on the board before it was available to read.

We are using a Umbraco 13 cloud and using the content delivery API to serve content JSON to a mobile application.

We want to implement caching on the app side so that we do not need to fetch content data if no published content has changed.

What is the simplest way to achieve this in Umbraco? Ideally I would like an API endpoint I can call with no parameters and just request; has any published content been updated, and for it to return true or false.

It doesn't necessarily need to be smart enough to detect if anything has really changed or if a user has just pressed save and publish with no changes. Although depending on the complexity it could be a nice to have.

I am relatively new to Umbraco so I don't know where to start. Is this something I can achieve with the content delivery API or if I need to implement a custom API endpoint then can someone advise what data can I pull to determine if any content has changed?

Many thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft