Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christoffer Frede 30 posts 140 karma points
    Oct 24, 2023 @ 09:42
    Christoffer Frede

copy forms and forms data from Version 7 website to version 12 website

Hi all

i am trying to move all forms and all form data entries from an Umbraco version 7 website, to an Umbraco version 12 website. previously when migrating forms and data between sites, i would just copy the UmbracoForms folder from the Appdata folder, but there does not appear to be Appdata folder in the newer versions of Umbraco.

can anyone share some insight how to migrate the forms and formdata ?

/best regards Christoffer

• Jane Carol 22 posts 92 karma points
    Feb 20, 2024 @ 12:16
    Jane Carol

Did u get any solution for this?

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Feb 20, 2024 @ 12:58
    Nik

Hi Jane,

So I don't have a way for moving the Forms Data, but the forms themselves can be migrated by utilising a multi-step process.

The first step is to import the files into a v8 site and let Forms import them into the database. Then you can use uSync Forms to export the form definitions as uSync files.

On your V12+ site you can then use uSync to import the forms.

Hope that helps

Nik

Feb 20, 2024 @ 13:17
    Jane Carol

Thanks Nic for the reply.

Actually we have upgraded from umbraco cms 7.12 to umbraco 12 and have changed the datatypes and content addition for archetypes changed to blocklist etc. But missed the Forms, any other way to include it at this stage from 7.12. Umbraco forms version is 4.4 to the umbraco version 12 files.

In the umbraco 12 database the UF tables have all the data from version 7. But how to get the forms at this stage. Any possibilities?

• Christoffer Frede 30 posts 140 karma points
    Feb 28, 2024 @ 06:59
    Christoffer Frede

Hi Jane. unfourtunately we did not find an easy solution for this. So we did not import the form data as it seemed to be too big of task compared to the value it pays. we decided its old form data, if it is needed it can be exported to excel and stored through that.

Christoffer.

Mar 08, 2024 @ 05:45
    Jane Carol

Yes manually imported all forms using the Import option in the forms tab.

To import a form, find the exported .json file on your computer by clicking the 'Import' button (you'll be asked for confirmation on the next screen).

If a form already exists with the ID of the file selected, it will be updated and moved to the selected location. If no existing form is found, a new one will be created at the selected location.

Mar 08, 2024 @ 05:42
    Jane Carol

I get the following error when i try to save the content page which has form in it.

Umbraco.Forms 12.2: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.umbracoRelation' with unique index 'IXumbracoRelationparentChildType

Any solution found for it?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft