Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Danny 49 posts 104 karma points
    Oct 12, 2023 @ 17:01
    Danny

Deployed Umbraco 12, getting "No physical template file was found for template {Template}" in error log

Hello, I'm trying to deploy an Umbraco 12 site to production. I republished all pages, but going to any page takes me to my not found page, and the Umbraco log is full of "No physical template file was found for template {Template}" errors for any page I go to. The templates are there. I can navigate to and view them in the backoffice with no problems. Any ideas as to what is going on? The IIS_IUSRS user group has full permissions to the Umbraco directory.

• Danny 49 posts 104 karma points
    Oct 12, 2023 @ 18:26
    Danny

Managed to figure out the issue. I had Umbraco set to production mode, but didn't remove the <RazorCompileOnBuild> and <RazorCompileOnPublish> properties from the project file. After doing that everything works perfectly.

• Keith Lawrence 8 posts 82 karma points
    Jan 05, 2024 @ 23:07
    Keith Lawrence

Thanks for posting your own answer.

Just leaving a link to the documentation which might be useful to anyone else who stumbles across it: https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/fundamentals/setup/server-setup/runtime-modes#production-mode

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft