Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ask Sejsbo 11 posts 81 karma points
    Sep 19, 2023 @ 19:18
    Ask Sejsbo

Multinode Treepicker default does not work

Hi, I have a umbraco 8.15.1 installed.

I have a bunch of users called "editors" which I believe is fairly standard.

I also have a document type for a multinode treepicker, that is used in a "global content" folder of the site.

the multinode treepicker is set up to only accept elements of the type "lokaltafdeling":

enter image description here

And it has a default starting point which is the "lokalafdelinger" that you see below:

In the folder "lokalafdelinger" there are many lokalafdelinger, but a editor usually only has a content start node on one or two.

But, If I (logged in as an editor) go to the place where the editor should place in the values in the tree picker, I get this view:

Nothing, it shows nothing. You might think this is because that editor has no rights to view anything there. But, If I remove the default node for picker, the editor gets this:

where it is quite clear that he does have access to three elements inside "lokalafdelinger"! But now, he is being presented with all the contents of the site that he has access to, he just can't pick it, this does not look nice

So why does this not work at all? xpath queries get messed up in the same manner

• Marc Goodson 2148 posts 14352 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Sep 20, 2023 @ 09:04
    Marc Goodson

Hi Ask

Only thought is does the user have 'browse' permissions to the lokalafdelinger node? (I think from your screenshots that they have but just trying to think what it could be, eg they can see the children but not the parent)

and if you set the start node to be elsewhere in the site, eg the Globalt indhold? does that work?

Also if you toggle on and off Ignore User Start Nodes - does it make a difference?

If the editors have full permissions to the tree and have multiple start nodes that include the place you are picking from, and the start node is picked (eg not in XPATH hell) and it doesn't show them that context from which to pick from in the picker then I think it's worth raising as a bug on the tracker.

regards

marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft