Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Angel 50 posts 106 karma points
    Sep 11, 2023 @ 17:31
    Angel

How to use Umbraco-UI uui-modal-sidebar

Hi there,

I am trying to use the uui-modal-sidebar but the examples on don't seem to provide enough examples on how to do this.

I am using Umbraco 8 and creating a custom dashboard in the back office.

I would simply like to 1. Have a button on a page. When the user clicks the button, a modal sidebar appears. ( I don't want this modal to appear until the user clicks the button) 2. The modal has a text input, and a submit and close button. 3. When the user clicks the close button, the modal just closes and nothing else happens. 4. When the user clicks the Submit button, the value in the text input gets submitted to some API.

Can anyone provide me with some sample code on how to achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

My code html code:

<uui-modal-container >
        <uui-modal-sidebar >
            <div  class="modal-side-bar">

<textarea id="text-info" rows="4" maxlength="500" ng-model="submitReason" ></textarea>

<uui-button-group>
                                <uui-button type="" style="" look="primary" label="Submit" href="/umbraco/backoffice/api/controllerapi/submitvalues?ID={{input-value}}"></uui-button>
                                <uui-button type="" style="" look="primary" label="Cancel"></uui-button>
                </uui-button-group>

</uui-modal-sidebar>
    </uui-modal-container>

• Tarik Es 37 posts 169 karma points
    Sep 11, 2023 @ 21:01
    Tarik Es

Hi Angel

I have battled with the uui-modal for hours one day and again for another 2 today to see if I missed something before.

I believe either the documentation is not clear enough or the element itself is buggy/incomplete.

I have tried so many different methods but nothing worked for me properly, but I might still be missing something (not sure).

Given the frustration I faced, I have just reverted back to using the standard custom infiniteEditor methods.

Maybe it's worth raising a bug in Github? but will not guarantee a quick fix if that's what's required.

• Angel 50 posts 106 karma points
    Sep 11, 2023 @ 21:08
    Angel

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one.

I think the documentation is quite incomplete. Examples would be great to see some basic user stories.

Hopefully someone that works on the project could chime in.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft