Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Johan Reitsma 67 posts 233 karma points
    Aug 16, 2023 @ 07:22
    Johan Reitsma

Performance Issue - Umbraco Forms - GetForCurrentUser

Hi, In Umbraco forms there is a call GetForCurrentUser that takes 10 seconds for each call to the API. The solution is running on Azure using the latest Umbraco 8 and the latest umbraco forms. The DB is running S2. I found someone that has the same problem on forms but no response. Anyone has any tips or know more about this problem?

• Gerben 41 posts 136 karma points
    Nov 02, 2023 @ 19:18
    Gerben

Hi Johan, we have the same issue on a on-premise hosted solution on Umbraco Forms 8.13.11 / Umbraco 8.18.8.

Seems releated to the number forms (250+ in this case), and not so much on entries in these forms. Did you have I raise and issue in GitHub for this? Greets, Gerben

• Johan Reitsma 67 posts 233 karma points
    Nov 02, 2023 @ 20:10
    Johan Reitsma

hi Gerben,

There will be an update available around 14 November. Using Umbraco Chat on their website we used our Platinum status about this issue and they are gonna backport some performance tweaks back into this version. So keep a lookout for an update.

Greeting Johan

Nov 03, 2023 @ 07:01
    Gerben

Thanks for letting me know! Good use of the Platinum badge :) Might consider this next time. We'll be waiting for the release 14-november-ish then and hope things improve with that release.

Nov 16, 2023 @ 22:39
    Gerben

Hi Johan,

We just installed and tested the 8.13.12 update, but unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a speed gain. Though the form tree is loading a bit faster, opening a form seems slower actually. It is still the 'GetForCurrentUser' call causing the delay. How is your experience so far?

Greets, Gerben

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft