Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tobias 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 19, 2023 @ 12:32
    Tobias

Problem with saving settings and pages from admin in Umbraco 11

Hi, I'm pretty experienced with older versions of Umbraco, but the new structure of Umbraco 9-11 really gives me a headache. I guess all I need is some time to focus on the configuration.

My problem now is that it rarely works to save instantly in Umbraco Admin. The loader just spin around forever and nothing happens. Often when it's connected to Settings section (Saving document type, saving template) but sometimes also when creating new pages. Sometimes, but rarely, it works as it should and saves instantly and sometimes it saves after refreshing the page and sometimes it requires many attempts.

What do I need to to ease my headache? Umbraco 11. Published from VS2022 and configured manually in IIS.

I have a feeling that it's an easy configuration to resolve this issue. I've tried both developer and production mode.

• Frans de Jong 548 posts 1840 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    May 22, 2023 @ 14:11
    Frans de Jong

Are you using Modelsbuilder in a auto mode?

If so, every change to a documenttype will mean regenerating models and restarting the app. Since V9 we run modelsbuilder in manual mode to prevent this.

• Tobias 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 19, 2023 @ 12:34
    Tobias

Hi Frans, I think that the problem that I'm experiencing is this (or similar). We've noticed that when the used RAM memory on the server is low, the problem is lighter. Often the document type then is saved within 1 minute. Sometimes it's saved within a few seconds. During the long saving time, the whole solution is locked from making requests with Umbraco API. https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/13080

• Simon Napper 84 posts 254 karma points
    Jun 19, 2023 @ 14:44
    Simon Napper

What database set up are using? Sometimes if the connection to your database isn't stable you can get issues.

Anything in the error log that might give a clue?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft