Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• damion-daly 5 posts 71 karma points
    May 11, 2023 @ 09:10
    damion-daly

Pass model data to an Umbraco 10 page

Can someone point out what I'm doing wrong here?

In Umbraco 10 I have a simple form on a nav bar which calls a controller method and passes in a coupe of parameters to do a search. The search works fine, I then want to open a page to show the results.

form (this seems fine, it calls the controller as expected):

<form id="test" method="post" class="form-group" asp-controller="Search" asp-action="Search">
                <input id="SearchInput" name="SearchInput" type="text" aria-label="Search Input" />
                <input type="hidden" id="RootId" name="RootId" asp-for="@rootId" />
                <button class="btn btn-primary" type="submit">Submit Search</button>
    </form> 

Controller method (again, fine - correct search results are returned):

public ActionResult Search(string SearchInput, string RootId)
    {
            var searchResults = _searchService.SearchAllSources(SearchInput, Convert.ToInt32(RootId));
            return View("SearchResults", searchResults);  
    }

And the basics of the SearchResults page:

@using MySite.Core.Models;
    @inherits Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.Views.UmbracoViewPage<SearchData>;
    @using ContentModels = Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.PublishedModels;

@{
        var m = Model;
        Layout = "_Layout";
    }

<h2>Search Results total: @Model.totalResults</h2>

Should the SearchResults page inherit from it's stronly-typed published model - searchResults - rather than the model used for the searchData? If so, how would I pass the results of the search to it?

If I put breakpoints in the SearchResults page I can see the correct results in the line var m = Model, it then fails as it cant bind model SearchData to IPublishedContent

• Frans de Jong 548 posts 1840 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    May 22, 2023 @ 14:30
    Frans de Jong

You are passing searchResults to the SearchResults view. What is the type of searchResults? Is it SearchData?

If not you should replace SearchData with the type of searchResults in UmbracoViewPage<>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft