Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gordon Saxby 1444 posts 1855 karma points
    May 03, 2023 @ 15:51
    Gordon Saxby

Not sure if this is possible within Umbraco, using any of the currently available picker DataTypes, but...

I have a system that contains Events (e.g. Friday, Saturday, etc), within each event there are Ticket Categories (e.g. General Admission, Grandstand, etc), within each ticket category there are Ticket Types (e.g. Adult, Child, etc)

On a particular content page, I need to be able to pick some or all Ticket Types - but for the same Event / Ticket Category.

I could create a picker (using Contentment?) that lists ALL "Event -> Ticket Category - Ticket Type" combinations and then the user needs to find (filter) and select the required Ticket Types. However, that does not restrict the selection to a particular Event -> Ticket Category.

Ideally, I would like something where you first select the Event. Then you (can) select the Ticket Category but only ticket categories for the selected event are shown. Then you (can) select the Ticket Type - for the selected Event -> Ticket Category.

Would that be possible at all? Would it be possible without having to save the page after each step?

Any ideas, help, etc would be most welcome :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft