Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sebastian Dammark 581 posts 1385 karma points
    Apr 08, 2023 @ 14:33
    Sebastian Dammark

Problems with migrating Umbraco 7 to latest with Azure Blob Storage

Hi Folks,

I've migrated all content from an older Umbraco 7 to latest version of Umbraco with uSync.Migrations which ran very smooth.

The old solution was running Azure Blob Storage and I thought I just had to move the credentials to the new solution and it would find the media files again. But unfortunately not.

None of the old files are found.

If I upload a new file, it's uploaded to blob storage. In the right location with all the other files. So it seems that the connection is in place, but not for the old files.

Could it be some cache magic that's not being generated or ?

I grasping for straws here, so I hope that anyone can point me in a direction :) enter image description here

enter image description here

• Kevin Jump 2312 posts 14698 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Apr 12, 2023 @ 07:42
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

This is probibly an internal path thing, between versions 7 and 9+ the path for media can change when using blob storage (e.g sometimes dependending on your setup v7 might have the container name in the path /container/media/1324243/file.png )

if you compare the path in the usync .config file you have uploaded since upgrade and one of the ones you did in the migration you might find the path bit is different.

if this is true, then you could update the paths in the .config files for the migrated media items and run an import this might fix it.

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Apr 12, 2023 @ 23:22
    David Peck

I have some sort of recollection that something may have changed with the exclusion of ‘media’ in the file path.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft