Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alex Frost 3 posts 73 karma points
    Dec 06, 2022 @ 09:15
    Alex Frost

Hi,

My website has been live for around 14 months now, and within the past month I have had it go down 3 times for the same reason. Checking the logs, this error occurs when it goes down.

"System.InvalidOperationException: Validation type names in unobtrusive client validation rules must be unique. The following validation type was seen more than once: regex"

I simple IIS reset resolves the issue and the website is back online and working perfectly.

I appreciate it's not a lot to go on but this is the first error within the log after it goes down.

Version: 8.17.0

Best Regards, Alex

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Dec 06, 2022 @ 11:48
    David Peck

Perhaps this exception happens when the server is running low on memory or something like that (effect rather than cause). If it is trying to reload a library as a result of low memory then it might be getting itself in a mess about what is and what is not loaded already.

Alternatively, perhaps it is worth checking the binary files to make sure that you don't have a duplicate that might have a regex Validator in it. Perhaps a binary file is only loaded under some condition and that library also contains a duplicate regex validation type.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft