Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jim Gettrup 7 posts 48 karma points
    Oct 31, 2022 @ 17:36
    Jim Gettrup

Media image not found if file name contains accent or diacritic

I'm working on upgrading an Umbraco v8 site to v10. I'm finding that all our existing media images whose file name contains an accent/diacritic (e.g. "seurat-bathers-asnières.jpg" or "velázquez.jpg") are showing as "404 not found" in both the media section of the back office and in the front end templates. The images are where they are supposed to be, and they still display correctly in the v8 version of the site. (The v8 and v10 sites are sharing the same media file location on my dev machine.)

Has anyone else seen this issue in v10, and does anyone have a solution (apart from renaming all the accented media files and updating their paths in the Umbraco database!). My guess is that this could be connected to the change from ImageProcessor in v8 to ImageSharp in v10, but I could be wrong.

• Jim Gettrup 7 posts 48 karma points
    Nov 01, 2022 @ 17:20
    Jim Gettrup

Update: I fixed this issue by upgrading Umbraco from 10.2.1 to 10.3.2. I suspect there wasn't anything wrong with 10.2.1 per se, but just something wrong with my local install. Glad to say Umbraco doesn't have any problems with media file names that contain non-ASCII characters.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft