Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ras 62 posts 325 karma points
    Feb 18, 2022 @ 09:23
    Ras

Saving certain documents in the backoffice is very slow

We're running a 8.17.2 fairly fresh umbraco site on a 2019 windows server with a MSSQL db. Noticed lately that certain documents, seemingly random ones, will take 40+ seconds to save or publish. The only thing I can gather is the "PostSave" in the network tab stays on pending for at least 40 seconds before the document saves. The document in question only has two fields, a title and a richtext editor with barely any content.

I've ran the code locally and saving the same documents takes only a second or two.

I've seen others with the same problem but haven't found a working solution yet. Any ideas?

Should mention we've imported some content so the site has around 24000 documents published,

• Damian 61 posts 342 karma points
    Feb 19, 2022 @ 18:13
    Damian

Does your instance have event handlers doing stuff on save/publish events? There could be a any number of checks, verification routines, email notifications being sent out..

What about something like (the super awesome)uSync that generates/updates files on disk on these events? It's possible to configure your site in combination with these types of functionality in such a way so as to trigger File Change Notification and cause an app restart (easy to tell from the logs).

These are just guesses from a million miles away, of course, but the first two spots i'd check in the processes of elimination. -good luck!

• Ras 62 posts 325 karma points
    Mar 10, 2022 @ 09:36
    Ras

Just wanted to do a (quite late) update, but we did eventually discover that we had a document type that iterated through ALL nodes on publishing. I'll mark your answer as correct since

Does your instance have event handlers doing stuff on save/publish events?

Is what ended up being the cause.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft